3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
If you like weird comics about underground civilizations and Lovecraftian cults: Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye If you like novels about hackers, and value intricate plots over deep dives into character: Zer0es If you like fantasy comics with female leads and sassy parrots: Penny Blackfeather
Feels bad that Dexter is the only one left out of this list, but I honestly liked the TV show better. Sorry, Dex, please don’t stab me.
4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile?
Run the cheerleading mini-challenge during the entire readathon. I know that there were no official cheerleaders this year due to the massive number of readers, but I really enjoyed being a volunteer one!
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?
Yes, and yes. Already signed up in the volunteer form. =]
Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. Gotta love those stabby stabbers.
2. How many books have you read so far?
Finished Zer0es by Chuck Wendig and Penny Blackfeather by Francesca Dare, so – two!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
It’s still a toss-up between my two remaining graphic novels: Westernoir and Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Not too fussed about those this time. I wanted to get my introvert self to talk to people more – and everyone’s been super sweet to me so far!
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Umm, the fact that Chuck Wendig went ahead and liked the tweet linking to my review of his book? A slightly critical review, no less. When I sing praises to his writing advice, he’s nowhere to be seen, but post one criticism (without even @-ing him), and here he is. Aaaaawkard. ^_^;
It’s time for this year’s Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon, and I’m so excited to be here for its 10th anniversary!
Le Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
The environs of the fine city of Bristol, UK.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I have a handful of comics from this year’s Thought Bubble con, and I’ve been dying to get to them. Now’s the time!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
A box of millionaire’s shortbread has mysteriously appeared in my kitchen half an hour ago. I predict it will mysteriously disappear by the end of the day…
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m a Ukrainian expat in the UK, my spirit animal is the owlbear, and I’m in love with a crazy boy in a red Trans Am. Writing books about him, actually.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
I want to spend less time stressing about how many pages I’ve read, and more time interacting with all the lovely readers. I’ll be hosting a mini-challenge at the start of Hour 2, so come on down to my instagram (hey, that rhymes).
And to wrap this off, here’s a glimpse of my reading pile: